Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bathroom Makeover - Tiny Little Sneak Peak

Well, I'm not off to the start I planned to be with this blog! Already slacking!

I've actually been tossing several posts around in my head, but sometimes I get a little bit crazy in my head and have TOO many ideas, which then prevent me from doing anything at all! It's a bit nuts!

This will be short and sweet (for me, anyway), but if I don't post SOMETHING, this brand new blog is going to suffer the same fate as my old one! So, here's something from today.

I have been wanting to do a makeover in the kid's/guest bathroom for more than a couple years now. I get bored with rooms easily and like to change them up. This one was MANY years overdue. The holdup though...many years ago, I decided to texturize the walls!

I thought it was a good idea at the time, and loved it for many years. But when I got tired of it, I knew it was going to be a NIGHTMARE to sand those walls! So I put it off.

I finally decided I really needed a change, and then spent over a year trying to decide on a color scheme and what I wanted to do.

I started gradually buying a few things and then started trying to the bathroom ready to work on. The sanding was WORSE than I thought it would be. My amazing son ended up taking over and doing most of it for me. I am FOREVER grateful!

My house was COVERED in dust after that...and I mean COVERED! Definite nightmare!

And we only sanded three feet down from the top...I decided really quickly that there was no way I was going to sand from top to bottom. Nope...wonderful bead board is going to be on the bottom 5 feet of wall!

Anyway...we had BEAUTIFUL weather yesterday and today, after our crazy ice-a-paloozas 1 & 2!

So I took advantage of the warm sunny skies and did a little spray painting today. A while back I found this over-the-toilet rack at a yard sale for $5. I snatched it up because the cabinet that had been over my toilet had the door break off of it and I knew I wanted something different there.


However, the color was BORING and just would not work for this bathroom. So...several coats of spray paint later, and here is the first peak of one of the colors for the bathroom! Yes...it is BRIGHT! And I love it!



Stay tuned for the rest!

Until next time...



1 comment:

  1. It's definitely not boring any more! I can't wait to see what color(s) you pair with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for stopping byI Let me know you were here...I LOVE comments! But...BE NICE! I will not publish rude or hateful comments.

LinkWithin